Spanglefish Domain Registration
Spanglefish is an online system which allows you to create your own websites with no programming skills. Calico UK works in conjunction with Spanglefish - you can register your own domain name with us and we will link it to your Spanglefish website. In addition we will give you an email service with a 1GB quota. (Additional blocks of 1GB would be charged at £20 + VAT per annum/£24 inc VAT).
A Spanglefish site is free (if you don't mind some advertising on it) or costs just £29.95 per year if you'd rather it doesn't.
If you have a Spanglefish site already, visit the Domains section of your Admin system to benefit from our Spanglefish discount.
You can sign up for a Spanglefish website by clicking here.
Terms & Conditions
The following T&C's apply when registering a domain through Calico for use on a Spanglefish website.
- Service Description
- The Service comprises a combination of a domain name registration or transfer and email mailboxes, with Help Desk support available for the email service.
- Domain Name Hosting
- Calico UK provides fully supported Domain Name Servers and management of your domain records for the duration of your account.
- Calico UK will make no additional charges for modifying records if you wish to transfer your domain record to another DNS server. In these cases the annual charge of £24.00* is still payable to Calico UK.
- If you wish to transfer your domain in its entirety to a new Registrar, no further charges will be levied by Calico UK.
- Nominet Requirements for .uk Ending Domain Names
- If you are ordering a co.uk, org.uk, ltd.uk, or plc.uk domain name then your order is also subject to Nominet’s Terms and Conditions. A full copy of these can be viewed at www.nominet.org.uk/nominet-terms.html.
- Service Charge
- The Service is charged at £24.00* excluding VAT per annum.
- As charges include your domain registration for one year all accounts are set up on an annual prepay non refundable basis. Although Calico UK reserves the right to change prices of accounts or services at any time all pricing is guaranteed for the period of prepayment.
- Renewal payment is due on the anniversary of the date the account was established and you will be invoiced automatically at the end of their prepay period unless a written cancellation notification has already been received. Domains will automatically be renewed by us to protect the name. To retain your domain name and services payment must then reach us within 14 days.
- Minimum Period of Service
- A Minimum Period of one year will apply to the Service under this Contract. Service period may be extended in blocks equaling the Minimum Period.
- Spanglefish Responsibilities
- The Spanglefish website hosting and content management service is owned and operated by Plexus Media Ltd.
- Plexus Media will manage availability and any failure of the web hosting Service so as to restore Service as soon as is reasonably practical.
- Any problems with the web hosting Service should be reported to Plexus Media.
- Calico UK Responsibilities
- Calico UK will manage availability and any failure of the Service so as to restore Service as soon as is reasonably practical. The Service is managed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Telephone Helpdesk for direct Customer technical support is available for email connectivity only. The Helpdesk support does not include help with broadband faults. The Telephone Helpdesk may still be contacted to report Service faults.
- If the Customer reports a fault in the Service, Calico UK will respond by carrying out one or more of the following actions:
- providing advice by telephone or email, including advice, where appropriate, as to tests and checks to be carried out by the Customer.
- where possible, carrying out diagnostic checks from Calico UK premises.
- Calico UK is only responsible for faults on the Service.
- Customer Responsibilities
- Customers must abide by the Calico common Terms and Conditions.
- Customers must inform Calico UK if they are going to sell a domain name. The Customer has no right to sell or transfer any other part of the service to any other person.
* We charge £24.00 per annum for most domain suffixes. Premium ones carry additional charges which are made clear during the registration process.